Call for Abstracts
Conference motto: Food on global market – opportunities and threats
Date and place of the event: November 7th – 9th 2022, Hotel Lacroma, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- September 15, 2022: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- September 30, 2022: Notification of authors on acceptance of abstracts
- October 30, 2022: Deadline for authors’ registration payment
- October 30, 2022: Deadline for sending the presentation and posters
Please note that all dates are subject to change and deadline extension is possible.
Abstract according to the template should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The abstract template is available for download HERE.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTERS
For printed posters please make a poster on one sheet (size A0) – portrait version.
Authors that decide on virtual attendance will be asked to deliver a poster in a PDF format – portrait version.
- Virtual posters should be delivered by October 30th (at the latest) in PDF format to a following email address: email@example.com
- Posters should be on one sheet only
- Posters should be in a portrait version
Selection of the best posters: All posters will be eligible for the award – the best three posters will be awarded. The winners of the poster award will be announced on the last day of the conference.
Suggestions for posters:
- The text and figures in a POSTER must be STRIKING.
- The letters and figures must be big enough for anyone – with a normal vision –to distinguish from a distance of some steps.
- This means that 110 more than 3 standard typewritten pages (25 lines * 50 letters= 1250 n) can go on a POSTER.
- This classical lecture has got to be CONDENSED in TWO STEPS. Make it shorter by picking out the important sentences which still read as complete sentences; this should be ONE-THIRD of the original length. In this shortened text, underline the important KEYWORDS
- The QUESTION-ANSWER style of advertisements is very useful for condensing the text – use BIGGER or Bold Letters for keywords and DIFFERENT COLOURS for questions and answers.
- Figures should only be like sketches – they must not be detailed technical designs.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONFERENCE PRESENTATION
Duration: 20min including Q&A
Font sizes: min 20, max 40
Format: .ppt or .ppt converted to pdf
Presentations will not be recorded or published later on the conference webpages.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VIRTUAL PLATFORM ATTENDANCE
• It is not required to install any software in order to attend a Cisco Webex platform
• An invitation to all participants will be sent via e-mail, containing:
a) Link to the meeting
b) Meeting code
c) A second link with global call-in numbers (if attending by phone)
Please attend the meeting via your PC/notebook and a connected headset (strongly recommended!)
Make sure your internet connection speed is minimum 4/4
Detailed instructions will be available for download here in the days before the conference.
Authors are free to record their presentation as well and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as a back-up in case of technical difficulties.
Authors are kindly asked to register at their earliest convenience, but not later than October 9th, as abstracts, without registered authors by that date, won’t be included in the Workshop program.
• Food Safety & Food Quality
• Food authenticity and integrity
• Food Contact Materials
• Recent trends in food
• Impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the global food supply chain
• Novel analytical methods for food quality integrity and Novel foods
• Accreditation, Proficiency Testing and Reference Materials
• Risk Assessment and Risk Management
• Risk communication and public health
• Nutrition & Health
• Consumer protection
Only the authors of selected abstracts will be contacted to write a full length paper.
To send abstracts, papers and questions regarding them please use e-mail address email@example.com